Quality Improvement Center
King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
Accurate, Precise And Rapid.
According to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital’s mission, its aim is to create quality assurance in providing medical services to patients which is aligned with public and social needs. King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital and the Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, therefore jointly established the Quality Improvement Center, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, the Thai Red Cross Society in 2000. The work place was titled “The Office of the King Chulalongkorn Hospital Quality Improvement Project”. This office was a temporary unit consisting of 2 nursing staff and 3 secretarial officers. Its main goal is to apply King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital’s health service standards being recognized both nationally and internationally, to be a guideline of quality development. With its continuous maintenance of standards, the center has eventually achieved the Hospital Accreditation, HA, from the institution of quality certification (Public Organization) since 2002.
Later, the center was approved to be established as the permanent unit of “Quality Development Center, King Chulalongkorn Hospital”, in 2009, managed by 14 staff. The Center has continuously supported and promoted quality development since it attained the re-accreditation for 5 consecutive years to 2017.
Moreover, it also attributes King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital for achieving the Thailand Quality Class Award from the National Quality Award Office in 2014. At present, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital is in the process to be certified with the advanced Hospital Accreditation (Advanced HA) in accordance with the Hospital’s vision to be the prototype among international standard medical schools.
Accordingly, the Quality Development Center stands by its mission to continuously support and promote quality development within the King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital.
Achievement / The Pride of the Center
1. Achieving the Hospital Accreditation of Quality Assurance from the institution of quality certification (Public Organization) from 2002 until present.
2. Supporting the Center of Excellence (EC) and clinics to be certified with the specific certifications: strokes, chronic renal disease, Parkinson’s disease and leukemia.
3. Continuously supporting the working environment under the quality development of the organization. For example,
- Consecutively for 10 years, more than 200 Lean Quality improvement projects for waste reduction in the work process.
- 5S Project for safety and environmental management throughout the hospital.
- Continuous budget support to more than 200 quality development projects a year for successful quality development outcomes all through the hospital.
- Disseminating the quality development work of various departments at national level and internationally.
We will be the quality development center of knowledge and techniques to support the quality development of all departments. We also aim to support the quality development strategy of King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital under customer needs.
- To support, promote and train personnel to be well equipped and skillful in quality development in accordance with the needs and workload.
- To encourage, promote and support various departments at all levels to ensure continuous quality development for knowledge exchange with proper and enjoyable techniques.
- To coordinate hospital standards in order to get certified with the quality standard from external organizations.
- To collect, analyze, disseminate and promote the beneficial use of quality information.
- To support research works for quality development.
- The Hospital Accreditation of Quality Assurance from the institution of quality certification (Public Organization).
- Budget support of quality development projects for departments, centers and other committees.
- An internal survey management system for quality improvement.
- Collecting and making reports of hospital quality indicators for the management team and related departments.
- Information centralizing and the disseminating of quality development knowledge to personnel within the hospital.
- Funding the research works of quality development and disseminating the works to society.
- Supporting the use of quality improvement tools at King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, such as Lean, CQI, 5S.
- Providing training courses of quality development both internally and externally.
Service Time and Location
Monday – Friday, 08.30 – 16.30 hrs.
Quality Improvement Center
02 256 4656, 02 256 4657