Excellence Center For GI Endoscopy
King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital is committed to being leading providers of endoscopy services by delivering high quality outcomes for patients and ensuring long term profitability.
Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, was established on August 31, 2012, in accordance with the policy of King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital to be a driving force in the development of a comprehensive medical service system and to increase international competitiveness and also a response to growing needs of patients.
In addition to providing excellent endoscopy services, Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, also aims to provide medical knowledge to both medical personnel and the general public. It is a training center for gastroenterologists both nationally and internationally. So far, Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital has hosted 3 international training projects for physicians and nurses specialized in the field of gastroenterology.
- International 1-month Basic EUS-ERCP Training Course Endoscopy by APSDE and TAGE project (IBAT)
- Chula Endoscopy Short Course (CESCO)
- A 6-month Advance EUS-ERCP Training Course: Several international and domestic faculty members from various university hospitals have successfully completed this course.
The Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy also hosted many international meetings and symposium such as The 21st International Symposium on Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS 2018).
Moreover, to provide health information to the general public, Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital started a project called “The Digestive Disease Conference for the General Public”, which have been held for 6 times since its establishment with the most recent one on December 4, 2019.
We aim to be the world-class Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy that creates knowledge and innovation for the continued progress in the field of GI endoscopy.
- To provide comprehensive and multidisciplinary GI endoscopy services to the patients using advanced medical technologies and global standards for health care services.
- To provide GI endoscopy training services to post-graduate trainees and gastroenterology specialists.
- To conduct internationally recognized research projects in the field of GI endoscopy.
- To develop medical innovations that improve health care quality.
- To provide other GI endoscopy related services.
Structure of the Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy
The Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy is currently led by Assoc Prof Pradermchai Kongkam as the chairman. There are also many experts on GI Endoscopy:
Assoc. Prof. Pradermchai Kongkam
Prof. Rungsun Rerknimitr
Prof. Sutep Gonlachanvit
Adj. Asst. Prof. Tanisa Patcharatrakul
Assoc. Prof. Wiriyaporn Ridtitid
Asst. Prof. Phonthep Angsuwatcharakon
Assoc. Prof. Rapat Pittayanon
Adj. Assoc. Prof. Satimai Aniwan
Adj. Asst. Prof. Piyapan Prueksapanich
Asst. Prof. Parit Mekaroonkamol
Dr. Thanawat Luangsukrerk
Dr. Panyavee Pitisuttithum
Dr. Kasenee Tiankanon
Asst. Prof. Sahadol Punyathaworn
Department of Anesthesiology
Dr. Sittichoke Prachuapthunyachart
Department of Pediatrics
For the diagnosis and/or treatment of esophageal, stomach and proximal small intestinal diseases. We also provide 24-hour services for emergency cases.
For the diagnosis and/or treatment of colonic diseases as well as standard colon cancer screening.
3. Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP):
For the diagnosis and/or treatment of biliary tract and pancreatic diseases.
4. Endoscopic ultrasonography: EUS
For the diagnosis and/or treatment of biliary tract and pancreatic diseases as well as subepithelial lesions in the gastrointestinal tract.
5. Double balloon endoscopy (DBE) and video capsule endoscopy:
For the diagnosis and/or treatment of small intestinal diseases.
6. Transient elastography (Fibroscan®):
For the measurement of liver fat and liver fibrosis.
7. Esophageal manometry and 24-hour esophageal pH study:
For the determination of esophageal movement and acid exposure.
8. Other services:
Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM), endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) and laser lithotripsy.
We provide these services both during regular business hours and after hours. The number of patients who received our services have increased tremendously in the past several years.
Service times and location
Regular business hours
Monday – Friday, 07.00 – 16.00 hrs.
Monday – Friday, 16.00 – 20.00 hrs.
Saturday, 07.00 – 12.00 hrs.
24-hours daily for patients with gastrointestinal bleeding.
Service Location: Bhumisirimangklanusorn Building, 10th Floor, Zone A
Excellence Center for GI Endoscopy
Bhumisirimangalanusorn Building, 10th Floor, Zone A
02 256 4000 Ext. 81001-2