Critical Care Excellence Center
King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
Developing services for the best standard of critical care.
The Critical Care Excellence Center was established to develop an integrated, multidisciplinary team of critical care professionals whose goals are to strengthen the clinical excellence, education, and research in Critical Care Medicine in King Chulalongkorn Hospital.
The Critical Care Excellence Center aims to ensure the highest standard of critical care continuum and to advance interdisciplinary education, knowledge and innovation in critical care
We aim to improve our clinical services, education, and innovation in critical care medicine.
- Services: To provide evidence based, high quality care.
- To enhance education and training in advanced critical care medicine amongst multiple subspecialties and health care professionals.
- To advance knowledge and innovation in critical care through multidisciplinary research.
First strategy : To ensure that critical care services in King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospitals meets the highest standards of care
Expected results: Maintain comparable critical care outcomes to international standards.
1.1 Develop multidisciplinary teams for specialized critical care
- Subproject 1: Mobile ECMO team for in hospital resuscitation
- Subproject 2: In hospital Rapid Response Team
- Subproject 3: ICU Palliative care
1.2 To ensure maintenance of international standards in critical care. The center is involved in the development and update of hospital critical care guidelines and protocols.
1.3 Resource management
- Critical care bed allocation and management.
- Medical equipment supply and allocation within the intensive care system.
- Environmental control within the intensive care unit system
1.4 Interdepartmental collaboration in critical care services.
Second strategy : To advance education in critical care
Expected results: To provide graduate and postgraduate critical care training for health care professionals.
2.1 To develop critical care curriculums and training programs for graduate and postgraduate medical education.
2.2 To further education and training for highly specialized multidisciplinary teams and units such as CRRT and ECMO.
Third strategy : To advance knowledge and innovation in critical care
Expected results: To advance knowledge and innovation that is applicable to Thai society
3.1 To establish a comprehensive data system within Chulalongkorn Hospital for patient care and research. (Subproject 4)
3.2 To forge alliances in research and education with other institutions, both domestic and international.
The Critical Care Excellence Center collaborate 13 units including the Medical Intensive Care Unit, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Gynecology critical care unit and Neurosurgery intensive Care Unit among others. The Critical Care Excellence Center is responsible for the care of around 10,000 patients per year
- Service: To provide quality care for critical patients before and after admittance to the critical care units and ensure the care to meet international standard.
- Teaching: To develop training programs at all levels of medical education for physicians, registered nurses, and other medical professionals. One of our outstanding programs is the 1 year kidney transplant fellowship operating since 2016 which is the first and only one in Thailand.
- Research: To manage data systems for critical care patients in Chulalongkorn Hospital.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Phornlert Chatrkaw
Head of The Critical Care Excellence Center
Operating days/hours and locations
Operating hours: Weekdays, 07.30 – 16.30 hrs.
Bhumisirimangalanusorn Building, 18th Floor Zone C
The Critical Care Excellence Center,
Bhumisirimangalanusorn Building, 18th Floor, Zone C
02 649 4000 Ext. 81825