Department of Dietetics
and Diet Therapy
King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
Providing nutritional and therapeutic nutrition services to patients in accordance with quality standards to ensure safety and satisfaction of patients.
Department of Dietetics and Diet Therapy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, The Thai Red Cross Society was established in 1975 with the location on the 2nd floor of Uppakan Vejakij Building with the aim to cater diet for patients and staff of King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, The Thai Red Cross Society.
Department of Dietetics and Diet Therapy aims to provide nutritional and therapeutic nutrition services to patients in accordance with quality standards to ensure safety and satisfaction of patients. The department has the purpose of becoming the leader in dietary management for patients with certain diseases in King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital in 2025.
To provide clean, safe, correct, on time and standardized diet in accordance with food sanitation, nutrition and therapeutic nutrition for patients and staff of King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, The Thai Red Cross Society.
- To provide patients with appropriate diets based on doctors’ suggestions and nutrition therapy principles
- To provide patients with clean and safe food without contamination
- To assess the nutritional status patients with critical diseases and provide the proper nutrition and nutrition therapy plans
- To provide patients satisfaction in food and service.
Department of Dietetics and Diet Therapy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital has subdivisions as follows;
- General Administration Subdivision
- Nutrition Education Subdivision
- Nutrition and Nutrition Therapy Subdivision
- Nutrition Service Subdivision
- Food Sanitation Subdivision
Department of Dietetics and Diet Therapy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital provide diet services as follows:
- Provide food service for general patients and patients with specific diseases in the hospital approximately 1,403 beds/day in accordance with doctor’s suggestion
- Provide three main meals for nursing students
- Provide lunch, dinners and late meals for doctors, operating room staff, emergency staff and critical ward staff
- Cater for the monks
- Provide catering services on special days both snacks and main meals
- Provide the meals for members of the royal family together with their followers on various occasions
The department has also collaborated with multidisciplinary teams in various clinics to provide nutrition consultation for patient groups as follows:
- Obesity patients and patients who have been treated with gastric bypass surgery
- Diabetic and endocrine pediatric and adult patients
- Pediatric patients with malnutrition or gastrointestinal problems
- Patients with chronic kidney disease before and after dialysis including both intravenous (HD) and abdominal dialysis (CAPD) methods
- Patients with psoriasis
- Patients with ENT cancer
- Patients with dementia
- Stroke patients
- Elderly people with an interest in nutrition (Healthy elderly clinic)
Furthermore, those who are interested in the diet service in the hospital could visit the Department of Dietetics and Diet Therapy for the observational study regarding patient food service system and providing food through the feeding line for patients. The department is also willing to pass its diet knowledge to multidisciplinary teams.
Operating days/hours and locations.
Every day, 06.00 – 20.00 hrs.
Uppakan Vejakij Building, 2nd Floor
Department of Dietetics and Diet Therapy
Uppakan Vejakij Building, 2nd Floor
02 256 4000 Ext. 92029