Center of Friendship Therapy
King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
Promoting health care to people to practice good health behavior, basic self-care and disease prevention in order to stay healthy.
The Center of Friendship Therapy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, was established since October 2006, under the support of NHSO, with an aim to centralize the voluntary activities and hospital activities managed by various functions. The center also provides knowledge exchange, social networking, quality volunteerism promoting, and public health care promoting for effective self-care. It also supports health promotion to patients and their family members physically, mentally, socially and spiritually through the exchange of learning experiences over health care and health services in patients with various diseases.
To the present, the Center of Friendship Therapy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital has been operating for 15 years with satisfactory project results. It wants to expand the concept of friendship therapy to patients / relatives / families / carers of other patients such as the kidney transplant group, heart disease and patients with artificial fistula, etc. It also aims to enhance the health rehabilitation of mental and emotional conditions of the general public in the Hospital. The staff and volunteers work together to organize exercises and a health promotion committee for patients and relatives, while they are waiting to see a doctor in the service units. It also includes activities to assist elderly patients coming to the hospital alone, self-care activities for people with diabetes foot problems and exchange activities about breastfeeding in premature infants so that they can continue to promote friendship therapy and sustainability.
Awards or pride of the department / center.
The Center of Friendship Therapy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital received an honorable award from the Friendship Therapy Foundation in 2018.
We aim to be the role model Center of Friendship Therapy that promotes and supports the public participation with voluntary spirits by exchanging and supporting for sustainable and efficient health remedies.
- To be the center of knowledge exchange where visitors, social workers and volunteers take part in health care and healing activities.
- To be the training and development center to volunteers / friendship therapy volunteers, network partners at all levels for healthcare support to patient and their family members with humanity hearts.
- To promote and sustain friendship therapy group for continuous and efficient service.
- To be a center for information in volunteerism and friendship therapy.
- To communicate and distribute the voluntary recognitions to those volunteers, friendship therapy volunteers, and network partners at all levels.
Structure / Subunits of the Center, Department
The Committee of the Center of Friendship Therapy, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital Year 2020 consists of
- The following advisors. 5 persons
- Director of King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital.
- Deputy Director of the Service Department.
- Head of Nursing , King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital.
- Assistant Director of Services.
- Assistant Director Corporate image.
- 30 of the Chairman and operations committee from the nursing department and various departments in King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital , volunteer members from the Diabetes Club and Red Cross Volunteers, etc.
The Center of Friendship Therapy has operated its service to staff, public visitors, and students as follow:
- We promote the volunteering activities of volunteers, including the voluntary healthcare team, staff, public visitors, and students
- We facilitate the places and equipment for conference, and exchange programs among volunteers about health therapy to patients with chronic diseases.
- We disseminate information about health care of the Chronic Disease Volunteer Club.
Service Time and Locations
The Center of Friendship Therapy opens at 08.00 – 16.00 hrs, 3rd floor, Bhor Por Ror Building, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital.
The activity management is operated in various buildings such as Luan – Perm Pool Vongvanich Building and various wards in King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, and outside communities.
The Center of Friendship Therapy,
Bhor Por Ror Building, 3rd Floor
02 256 5408