Department of Orthopaedics
King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
Professional autonomy and conducting research
to meet the needs of society
The Department of Orthopedics, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, in collaboration with the Department of Orthopedics, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, mainly provides medical care to orthopedic patients including patients who have had an accident to their bones, muscle and tendon injuries, sports injuries and patients with bone and joint diseases, such as osteoarthritis, spinal disease, osteoporosis, bone tumors, congenital bone and joint disorders, etc.
There is also a mission to organize orthopedic education for medical students, nursing students and to train resident physicians to be orthopedic specialists.
At present, the orthopedic clinic, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital has over 20 medical specialists covering all branches of orthopedic disorders. We provide general orthopedic diagnosis and treatment and there are also specialized clinics, such as prosthesis clinics, hip fracture clinics in the elderly, foot and ankle clinics, sports medicine clinics, hand disease clinics, and oncology clinics.
The Department of Orthopedics also gives precedence to the provision of research and medical knowledge for the general public according to our vision. “To be the country’s leading Department of Orthopedics that effectively provides theoretical and practical knowledge to medical students, graduates, and resident physicians by focusing on services to clients, with morality and ethics, in accordance with professional autonomy and conducting research that meets the needs of society”.
- The first surgery of Siamese twins in Thailand and the third in the world
- The first Toe to Hand transfer surgery with Microsurgery
- The first artificial spinal replacement surgery to cure chronic pain in Thailand
- The National Outstanding Technologist Award
- The Invention Award of the year 2010, National Research Council
We will be the country’s leading Department of Orthopedics which effectively provides theoretical and practical knowledge for medical students, graduates and resident physicians by focusing on services to clients with morality and ethics in accordance with professional autonomy and conducting research to meet the needs of society.
- To effectively educate medical students and graduate students in orthopedics.
- To produce orthopedic specialists in accordance with standard criteria.
- To provide a full service in orthopedics care.
- To continuously research to create new knowledge and to guide society.
- To provide orthopedics academic services to agencies and people.
- To support the preservation of arts and culture for medical students, doctors and staff at all levels.
- To organize a good, convenient and safe environment for personnel and users.
- To consistently self-audit and self-improve.
The main duties of the Orthopedic Department are to provide care for orthopedic patients, including patients who have had an accident, to bones, muscle and tendon injuries, sports injuries and patients with bone and joint diseases, such as osteoarthritis, spinal disease, osteoporosis, bone tumors, congenital bone and joint disorders, etc.
At present, the Orthopedic clinic, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital has over 20 medical specialists covering all branches of orthopedic disorders, providing general orthopedic diagnosis and treatment. There are also specialized clinics, such as a prosthesis clinic, hip fracture clinic for the elderly, a foot and ankle clinic, sports medicine clinic, hand disease clinic, and an oncology clinic.
Furthermore, there is also a social service in the form of “Advanced Medical Services Project for disadvantaged people” such as;
- The thumb surgery project in patients for 10 patients with congenital thumb disorders to celebrate the coronation.
- The minimally invasive spine surgery project for 50 disadvantaged people.
- The Scoliosis surgery project with the computer navigation system for 10 disadvantaged people.
- The total knee replacement surgery project for 10 underprivileged elderly with osteoarthritis with the computer navigation system.
- The ankle replacement surgery project for treating the osteoarthritis in the ankle for 10 disadvantaged people.
- The excellence project in the hip fractures treatment for 60 people, Department of Orthopedics, Chulalongkorn University.
- The arthroscopic rotator cuff repair project for 20 disadvantaged people.
- The bone cancer and other orthopedic diseases treatment with special artificial metal joints project in year 2019 – 2020.
Aside from medical services, there is also a mission to organize orthopedic education for medical students, nursing students and to train the resident physicians to be orthopedic specialists.
Date / Time and Location of service
Monday – Friday 08.30 – 16.00 hrs.
Bhor Por Ror Building, 5th Floor
Department of Orthopedics,
Ratana-Vidhayabhat building, (Advanced Academic Center Building, 11th and 12th Floor)
02 256 4230
Making an appointment
02 256 5351 (Outpatients, Bhor Por Ror Building, 5th Floor)
02 256 4000 Ext. 61261