Body Donation for studies Handbook, The King Chulalongkorn Hospital
Regulation, Instruction and Body Donation Procedure
- Those who wish to donate body for studies, please do as following ;
- Visit the hospital that you wish to donate, fill the intention form or send the completed intention form.
- Download Intention Form at http://www.redcross.or.thFill the form and enclose with empty envelope that address your full name,
Mail it to Body Donation for studies Sala Tintad , The King Chulalongkorn Hospital, The Thai Red Cross Pathumwan, BKK 10330
- Register online at http://www.chulalongkornhospital.go.th/
- Please fill the intention from with proper handwriting and your contact number.
- The hospital will provide the donor ID card and regulation and instruction.
- If the donor is younger than 17 years old. There should have a written consent from their parents/guardians.
- Once the donor has died, the available next of kin has a right to dissent the donation legally and the hospital will not oppose of the their right.
- Once the donor has died, if the available next of kin assent to donate the decease to the hospital, please contact hospital and follow the regulations. The hospital can only accept the bodies with these documents below :
- copy of the death certificate
- copy of the ID card of available next of kin
- When the hospital receive the body, all rights reserved to prohibit bring back the body for funeral. The body has to be in ideal state for the education purposes.
During operating hours please contact
Tel:02-256-4281, 02-256-4628, 02-256-4685, 02-252-7028 ext 0 or 4
After hours contact Mortuary, The King Chulalongkorn hospital Tel: 083-829-9917
Advice about collect the body
Mr.Prawit Apinundham Tel: 081-612-6036
Mr.Darungrit Sawangnetr Tel: 081-889-9842
Mr.Thanarak Khuntanarak Tel: 084-144-3505
The hospital will provide ambulance and staff to collect the donor’s body in Bangkok and 100 kms vicinity. If the donor’s body is farther than 100 kms, the hospital will suggest the mortuary nearby or keep the body in refrigerated repository or place at least 2 ice bags on abdomen and cover with blanket then bring the body to anatomical department
Please read “Methods of receiving body donation” full version
Find details and more information about Body donation for studies, Download forms, place your intention at official website of the Anatomical Division, Chula Soft Cadaver Surgical Training Center, or The Thai Red Cross official website